[Dixielandjazz] Bessie Smith and "distortion"

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 10 08:49:38 PST 2005

>>>Almost certainly, all this would  have gone un-noticed by the millions of
people who heard these records in the 1920s. We live in a golden age of
sound quality.<<<

Well put.  We also live in an age when years of even the best storage techniques can ruin the best tape cassette, which is how I first noticed "the problem" in question.  In the end, I've learned just how much could, and did, go un-noticed in days of yore.  So, have we shot ourselves in the collective foot for becoming so aurally sophisticated?,

--
Etc,

Fr M J "Mike" Logsdon
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
www.naorc.org