[Dixielandjazz] Breaking Up Is EASY to do. was Black Dogs

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 14:21:09 PST 2005

barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> Probably one of the most difficult things to do as a band leader is keep a
> good band together. How many other good bands have broken up because they
> could not get along?
>
> Must be a long list out there.

Yes, Almost All of them,  and then they go off and start five or six more to
do the same thing over and over again and again.   "That illusive Dream"   Too
many sidemen think they want to be the Band Leader.  Then when they get the
job they can't wait to get rid of it. :))

Often so much creative talent simply burns out and they like Artie Shaw think
they cannot possibly make it any better, and rather than continue doing it
over and over again to new audiences around the world they stay rooted into one
circle that adores them and burn out.

There was even a song written about it not long ago, I believe, I hear the
melody in my head but can't remember the singer?????

Musical content:       "IS that all there is"?  Sometimes yes it is and it is
very good, so why try to fix what ain't broke, just keep moving and play it
to new audiences who will make you fell like it is indeed the first time you
ever did it and show their appreciation by expanding your circle of friends and
fans.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins