[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke's Black Dog Jazz Band

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLIVEMusic.com
Sat Jan 8 11:34:03 PST 2005

Hey All;

I remember back in the mid 1990's, when I was living in Chicago, getting a
call from Yocum the week before the Sacramento Jazz Fest asking to go out
and "fill in" at the festival because the original band had busted up.  I
didn't know what to expect, it was sort of like being a Dixieland Mercenary.
I'd have to say, Uncle Yoke pulled together a group of guys from around the
country who were familiar with the Black Dog style, sound, and arrangements
and I believe that we delivered.  The one thing missing was the pyrotechnics
from the tuba bell.

For that weekend we referred to the group as Uncle Yokeless Blacklist Jazz
Band.  If anyone on the list has any recordings of that group, not that I
believe anyone would record a set at jazz festival, I'd like to get a copy
of it.  The personnel on that iteration of the group (that I remember)was:
Randy Morris on piano
Duke Heitger on cornet
Jeff Walker on clarinet
Scotty Hamilton on trombone