[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke's Black Dog Jazz Band

Jeanne Brei TinPanAlleyCat at cox.net
Sat Jan 8 10:33:12 PST 2005

Hey Bob,
   Bob Draga was not one of the original Black Dogs -- it was Jim Buchman
followed by David Poe and now it's Terry Meyers. You're probably thinking of
the very funny Draga/Vax connection when Steve Yocum, Mike Vax and Bob Draga
were one line -- and was THAT a fun showband! They were great too!
    The original lineup for Yoke's Black Dogs was:  Steve Yocum on trombone,
Davy Jones on cornet, Jim Buchmann on clarinet and saxes, Ed Metz Jr. on
drums, Bob Leary on banjo and guitar, Dave Gannett on tuba, and Tom Hook on
piano.
Jeanne