[Dixielandjazz] Uncle Yoke's Black Dog Jazz Band

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 7 22:46:23 PST 2005

Friends,
A dear mate in Melbourne, Oz, has (very naughtily) sent me two copy CDs by
'Uncle Yoke's Black Dog Jazz Band'.
But no details.
An entertaining and very good band, which I can imagine having some very
devoted festival fans.
I gather that Uncle Yoke is trombonist Steve Yocum.
There is also an excellent drummer and a fine tuba player.
A Google search revealed practically nothing.
CD 1 starts with Jelly Roll Morton's "Fussy Mabel".
The other opens with Jelly's "Georgia Swing".
Both have 12 tracks.
Help!
Personnel, dates, full tune list (I have worked out most of them), where
were the CDs 'pinched' from, history of the band.
Kind regards,
Bill.