[Dixielandjazz] Bob Craven

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 12:53:53 PST 2005

Mike Johnson wrote:

>>Bob Craven, longtime Denver resident, musician and leader of the Summit
>>Ridge Jazz Band passed away last night.

I didn't know Bob well, but I sure enjoyed his playing.  The Summit Ridge
band played for a broadcast from KUVO's performance studio a few years ago,
and I had the pleasure of interviewing him on the air.  I remarked about his
appealingly growl-y tone, and he indicated that he had listened to and
apparently apprenticed with Wild Bill Davison.  A really solid player and a
nice guy; Denver trad fans will miss him a lot.

Does anyone know if mandolinist-fiddler Joe Craven, frequent sideman for
David Grisman who had a nice CD last year of his own last year (Django
Latino, it was called), is related to Bob?

Ed Danielson
jazz89 KUVO Denver