[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 25, Issue 11

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:31:31 PST 2005

Hi Ben and all,

Ben Fowlkes, old fogy in Sacramento, wrote (concerning my citation for
wearing headphone while driving):

>You shoulda pleaded 'not guilty' and used as your  defense the fact that
>deaf
>people are issued driver's licenses - selective  enforcement, ain't?

Perhaps, but the California State Vehicle Code, Chapter 5, Article 3.5,
Section 27400 clearly states:

-----> start clip

27400.   ( )1 A person operating a motor vehicle or bicycle may not wear a
headset covering, or earplugs in, both ears.

-----> end clip

I think a really clever lawyer could interpret this to mean that it's
against California State Law to drive while wearing stereo headphones!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "I'm innocent . . . besides, I won't talk!" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com