[Dixielandjazz] "Stereoization"

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Thu Jan 6 05:00:58 PST 2005

At 04:44 PM 1/6/2005 +1100, Anton Crouch wrote:
>Dick Broadie wrote:
>"Parker and I don't agree on what proper Stereoization is.  He hates mine
>and vice versa.  One of us is right."

Broadie is right, because his computer system spreads the sound evenly, and
doesn't hurt the music.

Whereas Parker is fooling around with the EQ and reverb, and if he goofs,
it can hurt. However, he's not doing this for collectors and afficcionados,
but for the mASSES with modern systems. And I feel they sound better over
my mono combo PA when playing CDs during breaks. Except in my car, I listen
exclusively on headphones, and I really enjoy some Parker albums.

--Sheik