[Dixielandjazz] Whatever happened to...?

dingle dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Jan 3 14:32:34 PST 2005

I'd like to start off the new Year with a little "Whatever happened
to..." session.
First name -- Bobby Anderson
He was a sweet little cornet player around L for a whiel in the late
40's-50's. Caem from OshKosh, WI or Fond Du Lac area. He made one
session onthe old Jump Lable with this OshKosh Serenadrers.
He wetoe a great little "happy" tune that Red Nichols liked and recorded
called "Corkie."
Wo...what evere appened to him?
Second -- Jug Berger. A fine clarinet player inthe Chicago area in the
1950's. Worked soem with Brunis at the old 1111 Club, and with other
small bands inthe area. He was still aroound wehen i was at Jazz Ltd.
inthe 60's, but we never got anywhere to hear him since we were working
five nights a week.
One more old Chicago connection....Si Nelson. Good bass player...tall
redhaired Swede with perpetual smile...perhaps induced by a little puff
of the dragon. I worked with him at few times in the 50's in Chicago
before moving to teh Denver/Apen area later inteh 50's.
So...if you have a follow up on these names -- or some to suggest
yourself, then let;s all find out...what happened to..."
Don Ingle