[Dixielandjazz] OKUM for an ipod?

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 28 01:28:49 PST 2005

I'd concur with your assessment, Arnie.
I've done a lot of searching if e-Music, Real Rhapsody, iTunes,
 Mp3.com, Musicmatch and seen some of the others including
Microsoft whom I would give the time of day anyway. So far, e-Music
 has given me more successful hits on the older stuff than the others.
And, you're right. The price is right.
Wonder how long that will last.
===================================
As to the question about the iPod, ever since Apple got proprietary
and changed their set up, everything else has to be imported into
the iTunes library before adding it to iPod. In some cases, that even
mau require that you take other proprietary formats (as in Musicmatch)
and burn a cd from them and then pull that back in as an mp3 before
you can import them to the iPod with iTunes. -- Not a bad idea anyway.
Leaving them on your computer or iPod only doesn't give you a backup
if your computer goes down, so making a cd is a good safety step.
You no longer can load your iPod from Musicmatch and need to take
the above steps. Probably a good idea anyway, as using 2 different programs
to load your iPod could probably end you up in a hell of a mess.

Craig