[Dixielandjazz] NPR - Networks - Cable etc.

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 27 14:15:54 PST 2005

All of the implications of this thread can be boiled down to one short
statement that we discuss from time to time.

In entertainment, $$$$$ (or Euros, Yen, etc) rule.

So I too, thank thank my lucky stars for BBC, NPR, PBS, CPB, PRI and
whatever else exists to diversify the offering. Especially where music, jazz
or not, is concerned.

Does lowest common denominator rule? Maybe, maybe not. Lets see how much of
his audience Howard Stern takes with him to SIRIUS radio, with its monthly
charge to listen, after years of success on "free" radio.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone