[Dixielandjazz] Melody Instruments

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 12:24:32 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/23/05 10:17:51 AM Pacific Standard Time,
russg at redshift.com writes:

> It may seem unlikely, but I noticed that some drummers can solo in such a
> way that you can thread the melody through the solo.  True for washboards?
>
> Russ Guarino
>
> "Mike C." wrote:
>
> >I wonder if it's one of those those arguments like the whole
> >clarinet/sop sax thread we had sometime back. A washboard melody? I'd
> >love to hear that. I don't get a chance to hear much washboard.

Hi Russ:

Bill Gunter plays a wonderful Malady on his Washboards,  almost symphonic,
when he get's it tuned :))

Cheers,

Tom ( Clickity Clack)  Wiggins

Do you know what they call a drummer who does not SOLO ?

"Gifted"  "Sideman"  and   Some have even been called musicians I have heard.