[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Memorabilia Auction

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 10:37:50 PST 2005

I would venture to say that the same folks who bought these expensive items
are the same folks that would have offered the stars $100.00  if that much, to
play a party at their estate if they agreed to come in the back door and eat
in the kitchen and not fraternize with the Good Guest.

God forbid they would ever pass the instruments along to another great player
who might actually continue to use them and entertain even more folks.  Or
worse yet spend it to open venues or produce shows where other musicians could
actually be employed and continue to bring great music to the public.

You know, the type who tear down Paradise and put up a Parking lot.

Buy Gold Records and have them bronzed . :))

By Nascar Race cars for their kids to drive around the country estate playing
Bo & Luke Duke.

I have a box of used Drum sticks going up for auction next week, I expect
they might bring $1.50  do I hear $2, now gimme 3 now gimme 4 sold to the guy
with no arms in the front row.  Enjoy them sir and I hope you make marvelous
music with them.

I might also find an old spit valve from my younger days as a trumpet player,
now that should fetch a pretty penny or two huh?  Probably could find a
couple of sweaty uniforms from one of the tours that missed the cleaners too.

Darn might even get $5.00 for some used drum heads, One is actually brand
new, but is especially valuable because it was "Penetrated" with a Delta Airlines
fork lift by some music nazi fork lift driver no doubt.  The sign comes with
em folks,
"These Heads have been beaten repeatedly by Tom Wiggins"

Send them checks and credit cards right away the bar is getting low and I
need to refuel it so we can make some new music.  Anybody out there wanna
commission me to create a new rendition of "Beat Me Daddy Eight to the BAR" ?

Cheers,

Tom