[Dixielandjazz] OKOM & Boobs

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 20:41:37 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/20/05 6:57:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

> The way those of us who did/do it see it, "Art is Art." Those gigs and girls
> are fondly remembered.

Ah yes Art does rear it's beautiful presence in many shapes and forms, and
you have not lived until you have played an avant guard jazz gig in an
avant-guard ART GALLERY watching some Snit trying to sell "Art" to Avant-Guard Art
collectors and Patrons of the Arts.

The gigs usually paid well, and there was lots of free wine and or cocktails
and horse doovers, and the gigs were usually from like 4:00 to 6:00 so we
could still make a cocktail gig in a hotel or local watering hole, before going to
the regular gig at 9:00.

It was always fun to play abstract noise for folks to listen to and pretend
to understand while they stared at paintings of blank Canvas and or those
wonderfully deep artistic renderings of three dots on the canvas or maybe two
parallel lines, or the frequent burst of color that looked like a guy hit a stack
of paint cans at home depot with a fork lift and spilled them all over the
canvas.  After a bottle or two of their wine you could actually start to feel the
artist if not the wife of some Art patron. :))

I just love ART.  Especially well paid art.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Now where is my Elvis on Velour painting that I stole from the original
artist at a Tijuana Flea Market for $2.00?