[Dixielandjazz] RE: Smackaroony - Kilimanjaro

Tamas Ittzes bohem at fibermail.hu
Sun Feb 20 03:18:09 PST 2005

If I can sneak in amongst the D.O.M.'s reminiscences of
Big Boob Babes Baring Busts Beyond Belief,
 can I ask again if someone would be willing to send me a
lead sheet for Smackarooney? (spelling?)
I'll pay !
Craig
--------
That's funny Craig,

I JUST sat down to the computer to make arrangements on a few tunes as
Bob Barnard's coming to our Festival next month and we'll play with him.
I have a few lead sheets here to deal with including Smackarooney. I'll
write it down in Finale program and since most of you do not have it,
I'll probably put it up to my web site unless someone acts faster than
I'll do.

By the way, speaking of my web site, please, visit
http://ittzes.bohemragtime.com and look at the pictures I have taken in
Tanzania where I climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with my wife and also went to
a one-day safari and on the last day visited a Masaai village.
(Kilimanjaro is 5895 m high, it must be 19,340 feet - I did feel the
altitude, I'm tellin' ya.) The tour was Febr 1-11, 2005 so it's a new
experience - that was my first time in Africa but probably not the last,
I wanna go back. The pictures are in my Hungarian photo gallery but
you'll be guided there from the English page as well. Jazz content:
everything is slow and real medium tempo in Africa - the way people walk
and do anything. They never rush but everything is very rhythmic and
dynamic at the same time. Just like a good tempo in jazz. I just
discovered it now for myself how much this thing comes from the African
black roots, it's not white at all.

Tamas

Tamas ITTZES - violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazzband, Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com