[Dixielandjazz] Sad News - Joe Bithell died today...

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:43:10 PST 2005

Sorry to hear about Joe Bithell -

Joe was the washboard player/leader of the Silicon Gulch Jazz Band and was a
great washboard enthusiast.

Joe was one of the original members of the Washboards International which
organized after the first washboard concert in Sacramento about 20 or so
years ago! There were about a dozen of us in that first concert and I
thought at the time - "This is awful!! It will never last and we'll never be
asked to do it again!"  Turns out I was quite wrong and the Annual Washboard
Concert has been going strong for some time now.

Joe was the original master of ceremonies for the event and held forth in
that postiion for about 10 years.

I'm gonna miss you, Joe . . .

Bill Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com