[Dixielandjazz] Big Band News

George Thurmond gmthur at delrio.com
Thu Feb 17 08:59:29 PST 2005

        Steve -

                Many thanks for posting the news about Cecil's Big Band and
the Nighthawks upcoming appearances on national TV.  I'll be watching.  If
you didn't get this news out to us I imagine many on the List, like me,
wouldn't know about it, and would be informed only after each of the
programs had already been televised.

                I have a real treat in store for tonight, too.  Orange
Kellin is bringing his New Orleans combo's show to Del Rio and its
surrounding West Texas C & W territory for a concert.  I've been getting the
word around to all the kickers to come out and hear some real musicians play
some real music.  Most of the locals can't imagine a band sans guitars!
BTW, is there any truth to the rumor that Kellin is actually an Italian
named Kellini - I guess the rumor got started because his first name ends in
a vowel. :<)

        George (my paternal grandma was named Camolli) Thurmond
        Del Rio, Texas