[Dixielandjazz] Buddy Bolden Lives:

Jazzadvocate (Ron Gable) jazzadvocate at kbcom.net
Mon Feb 14 14:30:54 PST 2005

Dear listmates;

      Since this is "Celebrate Black History Month," I thought I would paraphrase a bit and change it to "Celebrate Black Jazz History Month."  If you're a true jazz buff, sooner or later, you'll wonder where "all that jazz" came from.  Some call it Dixieland, some call it New Orleans Jazz and many prefer to call it Traditional Jazz.  I usually just call it fun.  It was born in New Orleans and was the very first form of jazz.  It is America's classic music, it has an intriguing history, and today it is played and studied in almost every country in the world.  Buddy Bolden is generally considered to be the first bandleader to play the improvised music, which later became known as Jazz. -- Read the full story and see the picture at www.jazzadvocate.com

      Thanks for supporting jazz,

      Ronald L Gable
      Jazz Advocate, & Publisher
      211 South Main Street