[Dixielandjazz] Visiting musicians in UK in March

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 06:12:56 PST 2005

Time for a bit of Uk publicity:

Jim Maihack, from Sacramento,  is making a few appearences in the UK during
March mostly with members of the Big Bear Stompers  ...  Jim isn't very well
known in the Uk but he's a fine player of most instruments and plays with
several eminent US bands.  I'm sure Bill Gunter and Bob Ringwald can help me
out here and won't fail to mention the Boondockers.

Full details are on my website under "gigs" but briefly:

Tues 15th: Trout, Lechlade Glos
Wed 16th: Amersham Jazz Club, Beaconsfield Bucks
Thurs 17th:   Lains Barn nr Wantage, Oxon
Sat 19th: Waterworks, Birmingham
Sun 20th:  A 2 Jim session Jim Fryer from Connecticut appears with Tad
Newton's Band and Jim Maihack is with Big Bear
Mon 21st: Jim will guest with the Merseyssippi band at Sam's Bar Liverpool
Wed 23rd:  Albert Hotel Southport with Tony Davis, Malcolm Hogarth, Isabel
Toner and me.

Also in March, we shall be handing over our monthly Oxfordshire  session to
the Rod Mason band from Germany.  Rod's band is doing a short tour and we're
the closest venue to London and the South East! The pub has a large car
park, sells good real ale  and welcomes overnight camper vans (need own
"facilities") Tickets £10

Finally, while I'm doing this self promotion Big Bear Stompers starts the
month on Friday 4th at Listmate John Petter's festival at Pakefield. If you
fancy a weekend party with lots of opportunities for dancing, I think there
are a few tickets left.

Hope to see some of you and if any overseas listmates come to any of the
gigs, I'll buy you a drink!

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection