[Dixielandjazz] FAKING IT TO RECORDED OR SYNTHESIZED MUSIC

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:32:34 PST 2005

Steve B reports (regarding the syncronization with a recording):

>Reminds me of a time I went into a North Beach topless joint, on Broadway
>in
>San Francisco circa 1967 (lived there for 5 years) to see an all girl jazz
>quartet play . . . topless.
>
>In pursuit of art mind you. :-) VBG
>
>These wonderfully endowed, beautiful young ladies were swinging like crazy
>on
>a modern jazz tune and the group of jazz fans I was with was absolutely
>enthralled, including me. Wow, these girls were good players. Why, we
>wondered were they working topless?
>
>Then, all of a sudden, there was a short passage that started playing over
>and over. Which flustered the girls to no end. They all blushed from head
>waistline. Cracked us all up. We were musicians and we hadn't noticed that
>they were faking it to a recording until the glitch. Too busy staring at
>their personal equipment. ;-)

This is a possible solution for the symphony when there is no real oboe
player to be found.  Hire a topless bimbo to fake the oboe part while the
keyboard dude actually plays the oboe part on his synth.

The symphony will get raves from the public and the oboist wil probably get
a (sic) standing ovation!

The symphony may be rescued from the financial woes which tend to plague big
city orchestras.

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Hell, I'd go" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com