[Dixielandjazz] Event Schedule in Ala. &. La.

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Sat Feb 12 10:20:16 PST 2005

Hello, listmates--

Here’s a potpourri of open-to-the-public events I’ll be doing in
Alabama and Louisiana. If you're in the area you’re welcome to come as
my guest. There are admission charges I cant waive for the March 17 and
June 26 events. I’d need advance notice for April 9 and Nov.
12.—Charlie Suhor

“The Jazz Story—African and American Influences”  Lecture with CD
tracks and photo exhibit:
--Tues., Feb. 15—11 am, Jefferson State Comm. College, Shelby Campus
--Thurs., Feb. 24—6 pm, Jeff. State CC., Jefferson Campus
--Sun., March 13—2:30 pm, Wetumpka, Old Post Office Building
--Mon., April 3—I:30 pm, Alexander City, Aliant Bank
--Thurs., April 21—6:30 pm, Mobile, Ala. School of Math & Science

Thursday, Feb. 17—7:30 pm, “Black History Month Concert” with Doug
Bristol Quintet, Montgomery Museum of Art

Saturday, March 5--Concert with jazz vocalist Steve Crump,  Unitarian
Universalist Fellowship of Montgomery, 4 pm,

Thursday, March 17—“Taste of Prattville” with Montgomery Recreators
(big band w/vocalist Susan Harwood), 7 pm

Saturday, April 9--Writers’ Conference—“Getting Non-fiction Works
Published,” Houma, La. Public Library, all day

Saturday, May 7--Concert at Biscuits Stadium, Montgomery Recreators,

Sunday, June 26-- “Jazz and Poetry” concert with E-K Daufin and Bobby
Morgan, Artburst Series, Unitarian Universalist Church, Birmingham,

November 12, time TBA, “Jazz and Everyday Language” with Ellis Marsalis
trio, keynote, Kappa Delta Pi Convention, New Orleans