[Dixielandjazz] Jazz For Kids

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 11 20:26:17 PST 2005

I hope more Jazz Societies are doing this kind of event. Below is a copy of
my email folks on my promo mail list.

Fans, Friends, Clients

A week from Sunday, on February 20, the Barbone Street Jazz Band is
performing a Mardi Gras Concert for the Pennsylvania Jazz Society, in Easton
PA. We are also showcasing 9 year old Jazz Violin Prodigy Jonathan Russell
who is coming down from NYC for this event. (He is extraordinary in every
sense of the word)

Area High School musicians, interested in Jazz are also invited FREE OF
CHARGE to bring their instruments and sit in with the band, and/or listen.
In past years, with other bands, very few have shown up. Let's make this one
different.

If you know of any High Schoolers who might be interested, please let them
know they are welcome to sit in on some tunes with this extraordinary band.
Their parents will be admitted at the bargain rate of $5 instead of the
normal $18.

It is a once in a lifetime chance for young wannabes to play jazz with a
group of 70+ year old jazz masters who learned in much the same manner when
they were kids. The band members are all very supportive. Passing the torch
is what it is all about.

Sunday, Feb 20, 2 PM to 6 PM. Easton Moose Club 3220 Fox Hill Road, Easton
PA 18045 (Seats 400+) - Info Michele Curatola 610-740-9698 or visit:
http://www.PAjazzsociety.org

Cheers & thanks,
Steve Barbone
leader/clarinet