[Dixielandjazz] The Bulls Head saved hopefully

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Fri Feb 11 05:56:13 PST 2005

A while back there was a post about the possible loss of
a historic Jazz venue here in the UK because of the
complaints from one resident of a newly built block of
flats. Some of you may have signed the petition to help
save it. It looks like things could have been resolved.

Here's the latest from their web-site:

Dear Jazz Supporters

Thank you very much for your kind support over the last few months!
Your backing and action have helped confirm the Bull?s Head?s place as
a bastion of jazz culture within the community of Barnes and Richmond
and throughout the UK. Indeed, a large body of support has also come
from the U.S.A., Brazil and Australia We offer our sincere thanks for
contributing to the cause in whatever way you have been able.

The good news is that we have a commitment from Youngs Brewery and
Richmond Council to resolve the noise issues, in order that the Bull?s
Head can continue to be a thriving Jazz venue.

We hope that the works deemed to be necessary should be completed by
June 2005, and during the rebuilding phase we anticipate that the jazz
will continue on a normal basis (i.e. nightly and on Sunday lunchtimes)
and that any interruption will hopefully be minimal.

We are currently planning to celebrate 45 years of Jazz at The Bull?s
Head and hope to confirm a programme of events to commence in June
2005. Watch this space for more details in the near future!

Once again, many thanks to you all and we look forward to another 45
years of Jazz at the Bull.

Our very best wishes

Dan and Liz Fleming