[Dixielandjazz] Development of Music - Was Who Invented Jazz

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 10:43:28 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/10/05 10:24:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barbonestreet at earthlink.net writes:

Yes, It is a great read and I too thank Dave for posting it.

> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone
>
> PS. Wondering if avant garde jazz has taken us back to "The Tower Of Babel"?

Hey Steve but of course it has:

Just read my last post on the subject.

I can Babble with the best of them, :))

Hell I invented Babble and built the damned tower too in my former life,
while running the Free Masons  Celestial Babbling Marching Band.  The first known
such band in the semi-free world.  That should also put me in the coveted
position of being the first Jazz Marching Band in History, so please tell all
those jazz literati that you know to rewrite the history books "again" to reflect
these heretofore unknown most important and musically relevant facts.

P.S.  like most popular groups, we changed our name int he 1960s, to The
Native Sons of the Golden West Marching Drum and Bugle Corp so we could finally
become a BIG NAME Group.  I think it still holds the record as the Biggest Name
band in Pop in certain circles.

They don't refer to me as Rev. Tom- Bob for nothing. ya know.