[Dixielandjazz] Greek music information

David Richoux tubaman at batnet.com
Wed Feb 9 16:59:59 PST 2005

The jazz connection is this: Klezmer met and mingled with Balkan/Greek
music styles in Central Europe in the 1700s to 1800s, the
Klezmer/Yiddish performers emmigrated to the USA in the late 1800s and
early 1900s, got jobs writing songs on Tin-Pan Alley and performing
vaudeville, greatly influencing all forms of popular American music
from Ragtime to Jazz to Rock (probably not much influence on Hip-Hop
;-)

It is all there in the essay I just posted   (
http://www.franklondon.com/brotherhood.html )

Dave Richoux