[Dixielandjazz] Re: Italians invented Jazz

Luis Daniel Flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Wed Feb 9 07:13:26 PST 2005

Yes this thread is all good fun , but I add that the Latin or Spanish
´´tinge´´ has its history.
I read a book ´´jazz caliente´´ (hot jazz) by Luc Delannoy (who also wrote
about L. Young President) about the history of the Latin connection in the
beginning of jazz. I wrote a little assay myself about it.
What intriguing me is the little know history of Manuel Perez, one of the
founder of jazz. In my next visit to New Orleans, hopefully next April
during the French quarter, festival I´ll make un interview to Liones Ferbos
who played and learned trumpet with Perez.

Luis
jazz y sentimientos- www.fmclassic.com.ar
Sundays 9:30/12:30 Greenwich mean time