[Dixielandjazz] Re: The "Business" of Music

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 7 13:26:55 PST 2005

Steve Barbone said of the latest move by the Baltimore Symphony to gain more
audience share by moving to Washington:  > My bet would be that the below
approach is an irresponsible waste of time and money.<

Dear Steve,
Sounds like a great idea to me.
A few of those ailing jazz bands in the States could move and set up camp in
Barbone Street territory.
Your band has a proven success record, so why not let a few others in.
Mmmmmmmm.
I wonder if they would be prepared to actually work at it, as you appear to
do.
Naw!
Probably easier for them to move in then apply for a $million grant.
8>)
Kind regards,
Bill.