[Dixielandjazz] Re: "Sunshine" & "Smacka Rooney"

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Thu Feb 3 22:58:58 PST 2005

I'll check out Bill Haesler's pointer to the Venuti-Lange recording if I can.
As to Eric Holroyd's "sort of" attribution to Irving Berlin, I have a sheet on that
tune and if it is the basis of the Carson record, it was not only ad-libed;
it was decomposed and recomposed.
But then again I should listen again. I don't really have the actual Carson
recording of it, just one of the usual very short clips off the internet ad for the CD.

Comment to Dick Broadie, -- Hey Dick it was just a request for the song info,
not a request to revisit Ernie's life. I like quite a number of the offbeat songs
 he chose and may ask a similar question again. In which case, I only want the
song info and hope it won't set any teeth on edge..

Craig