[Dixielandjazz] AFof M trying to recruit new members worldwide?????

TCASHWIGG at aol.com TCASHWIGG at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 00:27:27 PST 2005

Folks:  this email sent to a musician in New Zealand pretty much sums up the
ridiculousness that the AFof M HAS EVOLVED INTO.  Long but well worth the read
to see just how far out of touch they are with the real working musicians
world of today.

Try explaining this to the manager of the Pizza Parlor that wants to hire you
for a Monday Night gig.  I see they are still smoking some of that GOOD Stuff
in New York, which is also why I get so many calls from Heavy New York Jazz
Cats looking for work.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

Don't know how I come to be on their mailing list. They might  be kind
and let me get into the States on a special working/educational agreement.
Would others on  the list get this newsletter.

Colin ' not a member of the NZ Union' being an out of their area
control. Even musicians in Auckland, NZ, don't belong or use the Union
for their normal details, unless it is a contracted overseas tour shows.
.