[Dixielandjazz] All that glitters..............

Brian Harvey pembroke.dock02 at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 2 23:42:40 PST 2005

Pat Ladd wrote...... I would like to tell you that in my local paper last
week under the WHAT`S ON     feature there were no less than 50 gigs within
10 miles in SEVEN DAYS.

And I'll bet that most of the bands doing them were charging well below an
acceptable rate and thus debasing the music's value. This has happened in
many areas of the UK to the extent that many professional bands cannot now
afford to play clubs and pubs. The money on offer just doesn't pay for fuel
and where necessary for overnight accommodation.
The situation may look brilliant on the surface but beneath that it is sick.
Brian Harvey