[Dixielandjazz] dying?

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 2 11:04:16 PST 2005

Hi All,
with the constant moan about lack of venues,poor audiences,etc., I would like to tell you that in my local paper last week under the WHAT`S ON     feature there were no less than 50 gigs within 10 miles in SEVEN DAYS.
About 12 of them would be music I would describe roughly as OKOM. The rest were Rock, Blues, Folk, C and W but they were all LIVE bands performing in pubs and restaurants before an audience.
There may well be other groups performing who had not got their act together to get in on the free advertising.
Not bad , for one little rustic corner  of Old England.

Cheers

Pat