[Dixielandjazz] New Year's Eve OZ Style

Richard Stevens richard at thejazzfactory.net
Sat Dec 31 21:37:24 PST 2005

Hi All,

Just reporting in, We celebrated our NYE with a select function at our local
community hall. The party just got too big to have at home. We had a full
hall with the band taking the door. The local commercial venues with their
usual DJ's and finger food for $75 a head were not interested in an
entertaining band for their celebrations however our party goers managed to
get away with $23 including a bus door to door. The patrons also got a conga
line, the Hokey Pokey and (make a circle, make a circle) Auld Lang Syne. A
very good time was had by all with music from the Jazz Factory. I'll post
some photos on the steadily improving website. The Jazz Club Budget Bar did
very well however we do have a few chunky meat pies ($3) left over,
Guess what's for dinner tonight! We all fell in the pool beside the palm
trees and had a few gassy drinks when we got home. Temp minimum overnight
23C.

Please note my only email address is now richard at thejazzfactory.net
I now have my own domain (see below) and I can now choose who my ISP will be
depending on their best deal. My new connection has 1 gig of download at
500kbs and costs $32 AU an extra $3 is charged PER GIG so I am a happy
chappie

When I was a kid I never thought I would live till the year 2000 now I am
looking forward to 2019 (that's 100 years on from on of my favourites, 1919
March.

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net