[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Banjo Gig avail. Boston. MA

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 22:33:08 PST 2005

-----Original Message-----
 From: Ambassadors of American Culture
<info at ambassadorsofamericanculture.com>
To: tcashwigg at aol.com
Sent: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:11:48 -0800
Subject: Banjo Gig avail. Boston. MA

      Seeking Nasty Banjo Player
 Reply to: comm-120587024 at craigslist.org
  Date: 2005-12-26, 3:06PM PST

  We are a very well established, Greater-Boston-area 5-piece string
band (giuitar, mandolin, upright bass, dobro, and banjo) seeking a
replacement for our current banjo player. Due to long-term, creative
differences, he is throwing in the towel. As a result, we will begin
auditioning banjo players after the Holidays.

   We have been playing the New England club circuit steadily for the
past 3 years and have developed a healthy following. We're in the
middle of our first national radio campaign. And we're just about ready
to get back into the studio to record our second album! Beyond that,
we're in the process of booking an East Coast Spring Tour set to begin
in the middle of April:.

  What we're looking for:

  1)A progressive mind set on the big picture!
   · This is not a traditional bluegrass outfit! If you're content with
pickin' on old-timey Bill Monroe tunes at the Cantab with your buddies
on Tuesday nights, then look elsewhere! This is NOT the project for
you!
   · We are an original band at heart! Our first album features 12
original songs and we have at least another 20 more originals that we
play live regularly. You will be expected to learn quickly!

  2)A professional attitude!
   · This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to make music
performance a full-time job! We have laid a solid foundation here, and
we plan to be touring full-time within the next 2 years!
   · If this project is a fit for you, we will be asking for a full-time
commitment, as we have many shows booked and need to fill this position
ASAP.

  3)Innovation in your approach to the banjo!
   · The banjo player that is leaving us is probably one of the most
innovative players on the east coast, the world even! We will be sad to
see him go! That being said, you have BIG shoes to fill!
   · We are looking for someone with serious chops here. someone with a
bluesy, aggressive edge to his playing. We're not looking for a
refined, composition-oriented Bela Fleck type! You should be young (a
twenty-something) and cocky and humble at the same time, if such a
thing exists!

   That's about it! If you think you've got what it takes then get in
touch! I'd like to hear some of your stuff via mp3 if possible before
our first meeting. If we decide to go ahead, I'll send you a copy of
our CD and you can learn 2-3 songs of your choice that we can run
through. Your audition will be with me and me alone. I am the guitar
player/singer/songwriter! This is my band, and I make a lot of the
executive decisions. Ultimately, I will be the one who hires you! So if
I haven't scared the shit out of you yet, and you're still reading,
GREAT! Now let's see who bites..
           this is in or around Boston/Lowell, MA