[Dixielandjazz] Sidney Leff Sheet Music Cover Art

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 22 13:52:20 PST 2005

Larry Walton Entertainment - larrys.bands at charter.net wrote:

> I don't remember, is his name on the covers?

>> Barbone wrote
>> For a look at the sheet music cover art of Sidney Leff see the following
>> web site: (turn your sound on)
>>
>> "Yes Sir That's My Baby" - Irving Berlin Publishing / Walter Donaldson
>>
>> http://www.perfessorbill.com/covers/yessir.htm
>>
>> I have a cover framed and hung in my home office. Irving Berlin's
>> "Everybody's Doin It Now". Listening to the above site, diggin that cover
>> and the one on my wall, and hoisting a single malt.

No, his name is not on the covers, but a lot of the Berlin tunes had covers
by Leff. He was one of Berlin's favorite artists. The website above
identifies the cover artist of Yes Sir That's My Baby. On the right side of
the page next to the cover.

BTW, that web site is a treasure. Lots of cover pictures, piano renditions
of songs etc., both verse and chorus. Worth a surf. Here is the site again.

http://www.perfessorbill.com/covers/yessir.htm

Cheers,
Steve