[Dixielandjazz] Re: French Quarter Festival

Loerchen2 at aol.com Loerchen2 at aol.com
Mon Dec 19 20:04:24 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that French Quarter Festival will be happening
on the weekend of April 21-23 this year.  The Old Mint grounds will be  closed,
so they'll have to find another spot for the Latin stage, but the jazz  and
brass bands will most likely be in the same places.

The music colloquium will probably last for only one day, but will focus on
the effects of the recent hurricanes on New Orleans music and musicians, and
we'll also have talks on the state of our music archives and historic sites
related to music and musicians.

Hope to see some of you there!
Sue