[Dixielandjazz] Janis Joplin & OKOM

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Dec 18 14:54:10 PST 2005

aha!   now the connection comes to light, thanks Steve, I got involved
with Janis about 1967-68 era with Big Brother, and one of my former
Baritone Sax Players left my 60s R&B band to tour Europe with her.  He
too is a life long Stoner and that one tour with her has been his claim
to fame ever since, and he has not had a decent gig since then.   He
stayed so stoned on that tour that he does not even remember anything
about it but being on it and being stoned everywhere they went.

Now he has medical marijuana ( he gets sick if he is without it for
thirty minutes or longer)  :))
Name withheld to protect the guilty and he still owes me money that I
don't wish to give up in a lawsuit. :))   Not that he could afford a
lawyer, but he might be growing enough to pay one off with it.

Musical content:   "Smoke get's in your Eyes"   and too much gets in
your Brain too.

Yes indeed it is possible to get too much of a good thing and then it
is a Bad thing.   I have lost a lot of good friends and good musicians
over the years behind their overindulgence in their non- habits.

By the WAY  BARBARA DANE IS AN Excellent Singer and should be on the
Sac. Jazz Jubilee,
She lives nearby in Vallejo, Ca.   Sang with one of my Black Gospel
Groups for spell.  I expect to see her on Xmas Eve at a party.

Cheers,

Tom