[Dixielandjazz] Anybody know any OKOM Golf songs

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Sat Dec 17 10:13:18 PST 2005

Bill Gunter wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Wiggins writes:
>
>> I got a request from a Singer looking for a song about Golf. He has a
>> quartet, keys bass, drums & vocals.   Sinatra, Crosby style singer.
>

> Crosby style singer . . . hmmmm.
>
> He should be familiar with the Crosby song (Lyrics by Crosby hisself),
> "Straight Down The Middle"
>
> ------
>
> F O R E !
>
> Straight down the middle
> It went straight down the middle
> Then it started to hook just a wee wee bit
> That's when my caddie lost sight of it
> That little white pellet has never been found to this day
> But it went straight down the middle like they say
>
> Whack down the fairway
> It went smack down the fairway
> Then it started to slice just a smidge off line
> It headed for two but it bounced off nine
> My caddie says long as you're still in the state you're okay
> Yes it went straight down the middle quite a ways
>
> The sun was never brighter
> The greens were never greener
> And I was never keener to play
> I heard it came down the middle
> It went zing down the middle
> Oh the life of a golfer is not all gloom
> There's always the lies in the locker room
> And I'm in my glory when wrapped in a towel I say
> That it went straight down the middle today
>
> Oh the life of a golfer is not all gloom
> Though they charge just for listening in the locker room
> But I'm in my glory when wrapped in a towel I say
> That it went straight down the middle
> Where it wound up is a riddle
> But it went straight down the middle far away
>

> Respectfully submitted,
>
> Bill "Tiger" Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com

Then there is the song about Pool -- as recorded by Red  Ingle
a snippet of same goes --
"Pool, pool, pool
What a wonderful game is pool
Pool, Pool, Pool
Can be played by a sage or a fool..."
It is on the CD that Bear Family Records put out of 28 Capitol aides by
Red and
available from Amazon and other on0line sources as Tim-Tay-Shun: Red
Ingle and Natural 7.
Personally I prefer fly fishing for trout. They live in the best of
neighborhoods and are always
a joy to behold -- on the line or in the water. A golf ball in the water
is just plain ugly!.
Don (I believe in exercize -- I will start with the right eye lid. Up,
down, up, down) Ingle