[Dixielandjazz] Hell Hath No Fury Like A Musician Scorned

pat ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 16 04:01:52 PST 2005

(The Audubon Quartet lawsuit/Judgement)>>

Hi Steve,
what a sad story. A commentary on what can happen when non businessmen try
to run a business.
I learned by watching syndicates who owned gliders in common in my club
shake themselves to pieces because they didn`t draw up the rules before they
started.

I also learned very early in business that if you were going to fire someone
don`t do it in a temper. Do it in your own time. Sort out a replacement
before you act, and DO IT BY THE BOOK. If the law says you must give them 2
verbal and 3 written warnings. DO IT. Otherwise as sure as God made little
green apples you will end up before a tribunal when the employee claims
unjust dismissal.

Looking at the figures involved, being a lawyer must be the most lucrative
calling in the U.S.

Cheers

Pat