[Dixielandjazz] Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Musician Scorned

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 15 15:52:59 PST 2005

on 12/15/05 5:10 PM, Bill Haesler at bhaesler at bigpond.net.au wrote:

> Thanks Steve,
> For both emails on this subject.
> Not OKOM, but interesting stuff nonetheless.
> And a salutary warning to all musical groups.
> I particularly liked what seemed like an unintentional, but sad and true,
> throwaway line:
>
> "It's awfully hard to raise that kind of money, especially since most of our
> friends are musicians."

Bill & List mates:

I guess he doesn't know Kenny G. ;-) VBG.

Bill and Larry Walton received the entire story of this tragic episode. It
was a previous article about 4 times as long as the one I posted. If anyone
wants a copy, write me off list. Put "Audubon Quartet" in the subject line
so I recognize it in my spam hold file. I will then send you the article.

It is heartbreaking . . . and a good lesson for "working" small group bands.
If you fire someone, do it carefully and correctly.

Cheers,
Steve