[Dixielandjazz] Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 12:59:33 PST 2005

George Thurmond asked:

Now a bit of OKOM - what's the opinion of those on the list on their
favorite jazz CHRISTMAS CD?  There are several of them - my favorite-
Christmas with The New Black Eagles JB" (Daring Records 3025, 1996).

Good choice.  I also like the Christmas CDs by the Jim Cullum Jazz Band,
Dave McKenna, George Shearing, and Dianne Reeves.  One of the most
interesting is by Michigan-based bassist Paul Keller and his band; it's
called "Christmas Songs for Jazz Lovers."  It came out about five years ago,
I think, on his own PKO label.  Really brilliant treatments of very familiar
standards.

Ed Danielson