[Dixielandjazz] LP/45 direct to your computer via USB

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Dec 9 15:11:59 PST 2005

Hi all,

I just found out about this new gizmo - looks like maybe a little bit
quicker way to input & convert your old vinyl to digital/mp3 or
whatever. I am not sure it would be of a lot of value for those who
kept their old turntable and also know how to input analogue sounds
in to their computer. Also, No luck for 78s!

http://www.gizmodo.com./gadgets/home-entertainment/gift-usb-turntable-
more-vinyl-to-cd-goodness-141195.php

> This USB turntable is being touted as the first ever of its kind to
> let you instantly convert your vinyl to CD or MP3 with included
> recording software (no special drivers required). Basically, the
> ITTUSB is compatible with any software that supports USB audio
> input sound cards, but comes with Audacity software for Mac or PC.
> On the hardware side, the turntable supports 33 1/3 and 45rpm, has
> an adjustable anti-skating control for increased stereo balancing,
> supports high-speed vinyl recording, has adjustable pitch control
> (+/- 8 per cent) and comes with line level output that lets you
> connect to your home stereo with CD or auxiliary inputs. Just $139.

I have no association with, nor am I recommending this product - just
FYI   The comments on this page are pretty harsh  ;-)

Dave Richoux