[Dixielandjazz] NYC Jazz in December

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 9 13:07:45 PST 2005

"Janie McCue Lynch" <janie39 at socal.rr.com> wrote:

> Of note also is  that Preservation Hall (the traveling band) will be at the
> Jazz Standard in NY from Dec 27 through Dec 31.

Oops, scooped by a left coaster. (and cyber buddy)

Yes, and the ticket prices (per show, there are two shows) vary from $32.51
on Tue, Wed and Thu to $37.93 per show Friday and for New Years Eve with
PHJB . . . $125 for the 7:30 show and $175.00 for the later NY Eve show.

You can bet they will pack the joint.

BTW, PHJB generates a higher ticket price as any modern jazzer act there
this month.

And, surprise of surprises, The Jazz Standard presents a "Jazz For Kids"
program every Sunday. No fools they, as they develop the next generation of
listeners. Jonathan, if you are listening, go get a booking there. You would
tear up the joint.

Ain't it amazing, the price people will pay to see/hear OKOM? I fondly
remember working with PHJB during the Berks Jazz Festival. Both of us
together, one set each, only got $35 admission. On a Tuesday, but then that
was three years ago.

They got mad at me when I described our guys as being 10 years older on
average then theirs. :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve