[Dixielandjazz] The Value of OKOM -

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 9 12:43:54 PST 2005

"Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon" <mjl at ix.netcom.com> asked about the admission charge
to see Wynton Marsalis, Wycliffe Gordon, Victor Goines, Joe Temperley and
Dan Vappie at Lincoln Center in NYC.

> Is it a benefit, or is this simply the going rate to see "big" names in the
> Big Apple?,

Bless me Father Mike, it is simply the going rate to see great music from
great players in the Big Apple. Just goes to prove that OKOMers can generate
the big bucks as well as Rappers can.  :-) VBG.

They even beat N.O. Jazzman Woody Allen's $75 cover price.

Hacks like me get $25-$45 admission charges in similar situations in
Philadelphia. .  . And we all fill the venues.

Now, what was that about $6 admission prices in California? :-) VBG

Cheers,
Steve