[Dixielandjazz] The "E" Word

Don jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Dec 8 18:09:43 PST 2005

According to our members who belong to and are responsible for our
securing the "lodge" venue, there is some kind of rule of the Elks
(local I guess)  that we are not to publicize, in writing, the fact that
we as non "E's" are using their facility.  It is nothing WE as a jazz
club are doing to be secretive.  We don't want to do anything to
jeopardize our use of the facility.  As a non "E" I don't know why there
is this rule, but we don't want to anger the "Big E" and lose our
venue.  Napa is not that big, it is not hard to find.

There is no prohibition on identifying  the band.  Sorry if I created
that impression.  We distribute flyers with a complete bio on the
upcoming two month's bands.   This will be included on a WEB site when
we figure out how to create one.

"Devil Mountain" will lead you to the jazznut site, but Jim was looking
for "Friends Of Jazz"

Don Robertson