[Dixielandjazz] A Different Trumpet Question

brassblower starwaterlogo at mpinet.net
Tue Dec 6 17:27:56 PST 2005

It's similar to the act of clearing your throat while playing. Another way to envision it is trying to imitate a cow mooing. There are variations and nuances, you'll just have to experiment. There's also flutter tonguing, which gives a different "razz" kind of sound - you essentially do a rolling R's motion with the tongue.