[Dixielandjazz] The Fly Trap Gig - worth a shot?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 5 12:55:21 PST 2005

Tom, Bay Area Piano Players, List mates.

About the Fly Trap  606 Folsom St., San Francisco, (415) 243-0580

Actually I remember it from my Bay Area days in the mid 1960's. The Fly Trap
has been in SF for 100 years, at several different locations. Typical SF
style and not a bad restaurant back then.

Most recent food reviews give it 2 and 1/2 stars out of 4.

Dining Style : Casual Elegant  Cuisine : California, Seafood
Neighborhood : SF SOMA  Payment Options : Visa, MasterCard, AMEX
excellent food, romantic, warm sophisticated, cozy, friendly and has an old
San Francisco atmosphere. Fly Trap is located in the South of Market area,
just 2 blocks from the Moscone Center.

Live piano music Monday - Friday from 12:00pm - 2:00pm, Monday - Saturday
from 6:30pm - 10:30pm. Jazz Singer sometimes on weekend nights.

Perhaps one or two of the local SF piano players might hook up here and have
a better experience? After all, what the hell is so difficult about playing
Happy Birthday when you see the cake come out of the kitchen? Easier doing
that then trying to coordinate it every time via advance notice. :-) VBG

But do get a bigger tip jar. The piano bar guys should generate $40 a night
in tips over an above the gig pay. :-) VBG

More info? See - http://www.flytraprestaurant.com/home.html

Cheers,
Steve

Tom at tcashwigg at aol.com wrote: (answering Barbone, see bottom post)