HothW; was Re: [Dixielandjazz] acetate or Cardboard

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Dec 4 23:15:45 PST 2005

The liner notes of the second volume of "The Complete Hit of the Week
Recordings" volume 2 ( Arch 3003) contain the history of the first Durium
Products Corporation (1930 - summer 1931)

About the new 2CD I informed you, Mike, in my Hit of the week-Durium news
letter. You'll find more info at Archeophones site.
http://www.archeophone.com/product_info.php?products_id=75

This set includes 48 tracks, spanning 1930 through 1931, by standout bands
led by Vincent Lopez, Ted Fiorito, Harry Reser, Sam Lanin, and Don Voorhees.
Plenty of rare gems are here too, including all five A-series Durium Juniors
(featuring Eva Taylor, Frank Luther, and Carson Robison), an experimental
5-minute Hit of the Week, and a live Durium recording of pianist Leola
Felton playing "The St. Louis Blues."

Durium  projects: http://durium.opweb.nl/

Keep swinging

Hans Koert