[Dixielandjazz] acetate or Cardboard

Hans Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sun Dec 4 22:50:05 PST 2005

Dear Bill,

Don't mix-up the 1950s-60s "soundsheets" as were available in magazines,
made by firms like "Sound For Industry (In England). It was made of a thin
paper like  plastic and played 45 or 33rpm. Some were a bit thicker. The
other flexible records were made in the late 1920s and 1930s and made of a
kind of acetate. Of course you must have heard about the Hit of the week
card board records ( card board with a surface of durium acetate), but other
well known labels are Flexo, Goodson or Filmophone. The Packard-Bell
Phonocord seems to be from the 1940s - 1950s and was used for recordings.

Flexible records: http://members.lycos.nl/keepswinging/flex.htm

Keep swinging

Hans Koert
jazz projects: www.people.zeelandnet.nl/koerthchkz