[Dixielandjazz] CD Database for Mac

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 4 12:34:24 PST 2005

I have both Access(database) and Excel (spread sheet). Like Dave Littlefield,
I like to be able to see the whole set of info at once without writing little programs to
collect it from multiple tables. To set up a database in true database fashion,
you should be using multiple tables. -- As a result, I use the spreadsheet program
and find it a very satisfactory "database". If I were still using Lotus products
as Dave does, I'd probably be using 1-2-3 in a similar fashion to how I use Excel.
In either case, you can usually read a spread sheet into a database program
if you really want to use that kind of technology, later..
Not sure what spreadsheet program you have on a Mac, but try it.

Craig Johnson