[Dixielandjazz] Looking for a decent solo trombone

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 2 18:22:50 PST 2005

Hi,

I play trad jazz, very unprofessionally, and have, infrequently, for
35 years.  The only trombone I own is my Selmer Signet  from 1965,
but have been wondering if a large-bore model in higher quality
materials might sound better.  I am getting to a stage in my life
where I would like to get more serious about my playing, and maybe a
more serious horn might give me a confidence boost more than
anything else.    I figure I am past learning to play a trigger.  Is
the Bach Stradivarius the way to go?  Any suggestions from this
group are welcome.

Best regards,

Steve Pendleton